Most of us will admit that we aren’t the easiest to please when it comes to our diet. We all want to lose weight, and most of us are motivated by health concerns. However, the diet plans we find appealing might not be the best for our bodies. As a result, we find ourselves frustrated and disappointed with the limited weight loss we achieve on the most popular diets. Instead of waiting for weight loss to manifest, it’s time to take matters into our own hands and make a change.
The 5-2-1 Diet
One of the simplest and most effective ways of losing weight is through the 5-2-1 diet. It’s a proven fact that humans are best served by a Mediterranean-style diet, and the 5-2-1 diet is an adaptation of that approach. The general idea behind the diet is that we should eat like the Italians do: lots of vegetables, olive oil, and whole grains. To make the diet work for you, all you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Have a protein-rich snack around noon. This will help keep your metabolism up and give you a little boost of energy. You can eat almost anything that is high in protein, so keep an eye out for nuts, seeds, beans, and lentils.
- Have a Big Green Smoothie for lunch. It’s high in nutrients, and it fills you up which makes it less likely that you’ll crave snacks later on. You can have this smoothie at any time, but it is especially effective if you make it before you eat lunch.
- Eat lots of vegetables in the evening. This will help fill you up and make you less likely to crave snacks later on. Try and have at least five vegetables on your plate at each meal until you reach the recommended eight to ten servings a day. Having more vegetables will also improve the looks of your skin.
- Have a little bit of fruit after your meal. It’s a good idea to have a cup of berries or other fruits as a snack. Fruits are high in fiber, which makes it more likely that you’ll feel fuller for a longer period of time. It would be best to eat the fruit after your meal to get the maximum benefit. You can also add a little bit of honey to draw out the natural sugars before you eat. Honey is very useful when cooking, and it has many benefits for your health. One of the most useful things about honey is its ability to reduce cholesterol. It also helps regulate blood sugar, which means it can reduce the chances of you developing diabetes. Finally, honey is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial, which makes it great to keep your skin healthy and clean.
- Cut back on the sweeteners. You’ll notice that most foods at restaurants have lots of added sugar in them. We’re always bombarded with hyperbole about the dangers of sugar, but it’s important to look at the sources of the calories you’re taking in. If you start seeing more solid food in the form of vegetables and fruits in your diet, your body will register that as progress and it’s likely you’ll find it easier to stay motivated to lose weight. Don’t get me wrong, the occasional dessert is fine, but you should really try to cut back on the amount of sweets you eat. If the thought of giving up chocolate makes you anxious, then cut that out too. No need to have a nervous breakdown over food. We all have bad days, but losing weight should not be one of them. Instead, enjoy food for what it is and if you want a little something sweet, have a piece of fruit instead of a cookie.
- Start a food diary. Tracking what you eat is a great way to understand how your body reacts to different foods. It won’t replace scientific testing, but it can be a useful tool to determine what works best for you. If you want to lose weight, it’s a safe bet that you’re not eating the right foods for your body. By identifying these foods, you can determine what adjustments to make to ensure you lose the correct amount of weight. In addition to this, keeping a food diary will help you identify any changes in your body that you might attribute to diet or lifestyle. It can be very satisfying to record the positive changes you experience as a result of new food habits, and it can help keep you motivated to continue the good work.
The Warrior Diet
Another very popular diet for losing weight is the Warrior Diet. It takes its name from the movie 300 Warrior Diet. The basic premise of the diet is that we should be consuming lots of nuts and seeds to build our bodies’ natural defenses. The theory is that by eating this way, your body will be better equipped to fight off infections and you’ll have more energy. To really get the most out of this diet, all you need to do is follow these simple guidelines: