Most people think that juicing is just a fad diet adopted by celebrities and sport stars to shed a few pounds. But, nothing could be further from the truth. Juicing is a sustainable diet that offers plenty of nutritious food, providing your body with all the nutrients it needs to achieve good health.
Did you know that juicing is one of the 7 day diets that Zoi Sadowski-Synnott followed to shed 20 pounds? Or that this famous blogger lost 21.5 pounds in just 7 days using a green juice recipe that she shared on her site?
These are just some of the many benefits of juicing, and if you want to lose weight, you should try it.
If you’re not sure whether or not to give juicing a try, here are some of the advantages to doing so.
- It’s a sustainable diet. The Earth needs more conscious eaters, and one way of encouraging you to think about your food is by making it more sustainable. When you consume less food that was produced far away, you’re helping to reduce your carbon footprint.
- It’s relatively easy to prepare. You don’t need special equipment to make juices, and you certainly don’t need to be a professional chef to do it. Any old home kitchen will do.
- The ingredients are readily available. You can usually find everything that you need at your local supermarket.
- You’ll feel full for a longer duration. The natural fiber in the fruit combines with the liquid to form a gel-like substance that prevents carbohydrates from being rapidly absorbed into your bloodstream, resulting in a more satisfying hunger. This, in turn, can reduce your calorie consumption and help you to lose weight.
- It’s a diet that you can incorporate into your lifestyle. You can drink green juices anytime that you like, and if you’re going to be in your kitchen anyway, why not try and make some for yourself? Especially on a hot day when a frosty glass of green tea would feel absolutely brilliant.
- It offers a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. You’re sure to find something that suits your taste buds, as well as the climate in which you live. If you’re not sure what to make for dinner tonight, then perhaps you should try out one of the delicious recipes for green juices that you’ll find online.
Another great thing about juicing is that it’s an eco-friendly diet. Not only are you helping to reduce your carbon footprint by cutting out individual-sized food containers, but you’re also avoiding the production of more plastic. A lot of plastic drinks bottles end up in a landfill until they deteriorate, which then contaminates the soil and the water supply. If you take out your juicer every day, you’ll reduce the number of plastic drinks bottles going to landfill, and consequently save the environment.
Even better, when you consume less energy, you reduce your energy bills, and this, in turn, improves your financial situation. Fewer pennies from your pocket mean a larger sum of money in your wallet, and what’s more, you can use this money to buy more food, which is what your body needs to stay healthy.