For many people, summer is the perfect time for a bikini body. You’re hot, you want to be on holiday, and it’s the perfect excuse to get a bikini body. But what if you don’t quite meet the typical bikini body requirements? You might be left feeling unsatisfied with your current appearance, or maybe even feeling a bit guilty about going bikini-less during the summer. If this sounds like you, you’ve probably started asking yourself, “How much weight can I really lose with CoolSculpting?”
Here’s the answer. It’s quite a lot, but it depends on your definition of “quite a lot.” To put it simply, you can lose a significant amount of weight with CoolSculpting. But what exactly does “significant” mean? Let’s take a look.
The Number of Treatments You Need
As with any other medical procedure, the number of treatments you need will depend on your body-type and the amount of weight you want to lose. Typically, people who are very obese or have a significant amount of weight to lose need more treatments than those who are slightly overweight or want to slim down a little. Here’s a quick recap of the various factors influencing the number of treatments you need.
- Body-type. If you have a larger frame, you’ll need more treatments than those with smaller ones. Most importantly, people with a higher proportion of body fat generally need more treatments than those with lower proportions of body fat. The reason behind this is that the cells in your fat layer are actually dead cells, and your body doesn’t have the capability of recycling them like it does with the cells in your muscles. With time, your body will start to create more new cells, which will eventually cause you to lose weight.
- How much weight you want to lose. Obviously, the more you want to lose, the more you’ll need to lose. This is why the first step is to figure out how much weight you want to lose, so you can set a realistic target for yourself. If you don’t know how much weight you want to lose, you might find it difficult to determine how many treatments you need. An easy way to figure it out is by using an online calculator, such as CoolSculpting’s own Calculated Tax for Health Savings. Simply enter your weight and the desired amount of weight you want to lose, and it’ll tell you how many treatments you need to reach your goal.
- Duration of treatment. How long you need to wait between treatments depends on the type of fat you want to target. While some fats require only one treatment to show results, others may need a little more time. The best way to find out is by contacting CoolSculpting and asking about the treatment duration for your specific type of fat.
- Number of injections. The more injections you need, the more you’ll need to lose. The reason behind this is that each injection is targeting a different area of fat, which makes it harder for your body to store the calories. For example, if you have a large amount of belly fat, you’ll need to lose it from multiple areas, which means you’ll need more injections. Another factor influencing the number of injections you need is how many rounds of treatment you’ve received before. The more rounds you’ve received, the more you’ll need to lose. Simply put, your body is getting used to the idea of losing weight, and therefore it requires more time for the treatments to take effect. In some instances, people have been able to achieve their desired results with only one round of treatment.
- Number of weeks post-treatment. How quickly your body will go back to its previous state after your treatment is over depends on a number of factors. The type of exercise you do and how much you eat will influence how quickly your body will go back to its previous state. However, the most important factor is how you feel about yourself after the treatment. The more you feel positive about your appearance, the faster your body will go back to its pre-treatment state. You’ll need a certain amount of time to get back to your previous weight, and the amount of time will vary from person to person.
- Side effects. Everyone is different, which means some people may experience negative side effects from the treatments, while others don’t. The most common side effect is a rash or an irritations under the skin, particularly around the area where the treatment was administered. This may be due to the irritation caused by the anesthetic or the trauma of the needle stick. In most cases, this side effect goes away after a few days, but in some instances, it may last for a week or longer. Overall, the benefits of the treatment far outweigh the side effects in most cases.
How Much Fat Can You Really Lose?
Based on these factors, you can quite easily calculate how much fat you’ll lose with CoolSculpting. For example, if you’re targeting belly fat, which is the kind of fat most people have a hard time losing, you’ll need to lose at least 15 pounds in five months. To put it in perspective, if you want to lose 20 pounds in five months, you’ll need to begin using CoolSculpting, or some other weight loss device.
Of course, there are exceptions to this rule. For example, if you have a large amount of thigh fat, you’ll only need to lose a couple of pounds to see the desired results. In some instances, it’s possible to lose all of the fat from a certain area of the body with only one treatment. If you’re interested in trying this technique, be sure to consult with your doctor or a trusted fitness professional. A single treatment can’t give you perfect results, so you might need to try a few different methods to lose the fat you want.
When it comes to losing weight, there are many different options available, and none of them are perfect. Some people choose to go on a diet, while others choose to use a medical device. It’s important to find what works best for you and stick to it. In the end, nobody can give you perfect results, but with dedication and patience, you can’t help but lose a significant amount of weight with CoolSculpting.