Inevitably, when you start a diet, the first thing your doctor tells you is to cut back on the white bread. And he isn’t the only one. You start to read all the diets, however, and it becomes clear that most of them suggest cutting back on the white stuff. Why? Well, it’s all about the carbs. Now, carbs are not bad for you in small amounts, but when they get into your bloodstream, their effects are mostly negative. So when your doctor tells you to cut back on the white bread, the first thing you think is, “How much weight can I lose by cutting back on bread and pasta?”
Let’s dig deeper and find out. You probably know that carbs are one of the main food group that you need to watch out for. They’re typically found in bread, pasta, and some cereals. And, yes, the more of them you have in your belly, the more you’ll see on the scale. So you start to ask yourself: “How much weight can I lose by cutting back on the white stuff?”
Cutting Back On The White Stuff Will Lose You Weight
- It’s easy to understand why. When you eat bread and pasta, your body lets you know it’s time for a dump. It does this by producing a hormone called leptin, which tells the brain that you’re about to eat. So you eat foods that are rich in carbs. And you know what else is very rich in carbs? Bread. So cutting back on the white bread will tell your brain that it’s not hunger time, which is a good thing. After all, you’ll feel better and more energized when you eat healthy foods.
- It’s not just about the bread. You should always be on the lookout for pasta and rice. These are other common carbs that you’ll find in a lot of recipes. You’ll see rice a lot on a menu, especially when you visit a restaurant away from home. Most restaurants will use rice for their buns, which are their version of a donut or muffin. And you’ll always see pasta in the form of pizzas, spaghetti, or ramen. It’s easy for these foods to hook you because of their rich carbs and cheap calories. So cutting back on the white stuffs will help you lose weight.
- As a general rule, the less you eat, the more you’ll lose. That’s true whether you’re a man or a woman. And it’s not just about the foods either. You’re supposed to eat less during the day. And you’ll find that meals made with white flour and wheat pasta have a much higher calorie level than a meal made with whole wheat pasta. So, cutting back on your foods will help you lose weight because it’s less work to go through the grocery store and prepare a meal when you are hungry.
- Yes, you can use exercise to lose weight. However, if you follow the standard diet plan, you’ll be losing weight without having to work out. The point is to reduce your food intake, not to increase your exercise. So, unless you are currently obese, you don’t need to work out to lose weight. You’ll see a lot of people who are actually proud of their fat, but they’ve got a lot of weight to lose.
- Last, but not least, is the amount of weight you can lose by not eating bread. There’s no question that bread is one of the main food groups you’ll cut back on when you start a diet. It’s always there in the morning papers, on the internet, and in your local supermarket. And it’s easy to see why people would want to cut back on this food when they are told by their doctors that it’s the main thing that they need to lose. So, instead of eating a whole piece of toast, you’ll have a sense of fulfillment when you watch a television show and a commercial comes on for a slice of bread. It is one of the most popular demotivators because it’s so easy to get and it has such a negative effect on your health. And once you start to lose weight, you’ll begin to feel better about yourself, which is what motivated you to begin a diet in the first place. So, as a general rule, the less you eat, the more you’ll lose. It’s not just about the foods either. You’ll be losing weight because it’s less work to prepare a meal when you are hungry. The next question you ask yourself is: “How much weight can I lose by cutting back on the white stuff?”