People from all walks of life struggle with their weight. It’s a global health issue affecting people of all ages and genders. The World Health Organization recently predicted that by 2030, more than 400 million people worldwide will suffer from obesity. This is an issue that affects people of all races and ethnicities, which is why I decided to write this blog post on the subject matter.
I want to shed some light on the subject of weight loss and how long it takes. Let’s get into it.
The Good News
First of all, let’s celebrate some good news. It’s been estimated that there are various weight loss supplements available that can help a person lose weight faster. According to Healthline, supplements can help to boost your metabolism and burn calories more efficiently. Some of the most common weight loss supplements are:
- Green tea
- Garcinia cambogia
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Chamomile flower extract
- Chromium picolinate
Many people say that using supplements makes them feel more comfortable losing weight because they don’t have to depend on portion sizes or how much food is on their plate. If you’re trying to lose weight, I would recommend trying out some of these natural products. They’re all-natural and contain no preservatives or artificial additives.
The Bad News
Unfortunately, not all weight loss supplements are created equal. Some contain dangerous substances and are subsequently classified as pharmaceutical drugs. You must be careful about what products you expose your body to as there is a possibility that they may be harmful. When looking at any nutritional supplement, you must consider the risks versus the benefits. Let’s take a quick look at some of the risks that you may encounter if you decide to go down this road:
- Theoretically, any dietary supplement could cause side effects. However, this is rare. Most people who use nutritional supplements don’t have any harmful effects from them. Still, it’s always good to be aware of the risks.
- If you’re taking a prescription drug for depression or anxiety, you should not take nutritional supplements on top of the drug. Otherwise, you’re putting yourself at risk for serious side effects. Most doctors wouldn’t recommend taking nutritional supplements if you’re already taking a prescription drug for mental health issues.
- You should certainly consult your doctor before taking any weight loss supplements as they may have personal recommendations for you based on your medical history. However, your doctor may not know everything about dietary supplements so it’s always good to have some alternate options available.
- Many doctors recommend that before you begin taking weight loss supplements, you should first try and lose the weight through diet and exercise. If that doesn’t prove fruitful, then maybe consider trying a product that may assist you in your weight loss journey.
- Taking nutritional supplements during pregnancy may have risks for the developing fetus. Most doctors recommend that women who are pregnant or planning to get pregnant try to lose the weight prior to attempting to get pregnant. This way, they can avoid some of the risks associated with being underweight.
- As humans, we have a tendency to not like change. This is especially true when it comes to our bodies and how they function. If you’re trying to lose weight, you’re bound to encounter some resistance from your body. Your body will have its own opinions about what constitutes a healthy weight and it can take some time for your brain to catch up with your physical being.
- For a product to be considered safe and effective, it must undergo extensive clinical testing. Unfortunately, many weight loss supplements do not get tested before they’re marketed to the public. Consequently, we may never know how safe and effective they are. Taking supplements without first trying to lose weight may increase your risk of serious health consequences.
- A person’s genes play a major role in determining how they respond to different foods. If you decide to adopt a more natural way of eating, you may discover that some foods that you enjoy now have the potential to be harmful to your health. For example, if you have a history of asthma or allergies, you may want to avoid chocolate and other types of sweets. You should not be afraid to challenge yourself and try new things, but you need to be smart about what you consume. Your body is a temple and you must take care of it accordingly.
If you’re planning on using nutritional supplements to help you lose weight, be sure to consult with a physician. A qualified doctor can help you determine the risks versus the benefits of different products for you to use in your weight loss journey. You should also speak with your physician about any changes you may want to make to your diet or exercise routine. The doctor can then monitor your progress and make appropriate dietary adjustments as needed.