For those of you who are looking to shed those extra pounds, you’ve definitely come to the right place. In this article, we’re going to give you a complete guide to losing weight and getting ripped. Ready to get started? Let’s do this.
Step One: Cut Out All The Excuses
Why do you want to lose weight? Is it because you’re tired of feeling bloated and uncomfortable? Or maybe you’ve seen the photos of yourself at a certain weight and you want to be like those stunning people on the Internet.
Whatever your reasons are for wanting to shed those unwanted pounds, you have to be willing to put in the work. And what better way to do that than by creating a solid plan and then sticking to it?
The first step in your journey to a lean, mean bodiness is to cut out all the excuses. Why? Because as humans, we like to avoid pain. We don’t want it; we want the easy way out. Believe it or not, there is no short-cut to reaching your goal weight. You have to be willing to put in the work and learn from the mistakes of others.
Step Two: Create A Plan
The second step in your journey to a lean, mean bodiness is to create a plan. What kind of plan? That depends on you. You need to make a list of all the helpful tips and tricks that you’ve learned along the way. And don’t worry, this list will be longer than you think. Once you start including everything from proper nutrition to what gear to use and when, you’ll start to see the weight come off.
Here’s a short list of some helpful tips and tricks for cutting out those unwanted pounds:
- Cut back on the carbs. Especially when you’re not exercising, avoid foods with carbs such as pasta, pizza, and potatoes. These foods will quickly add weight to your body. In fact, some studies show that eating carbs during the day makes you crave more sugar at night. So, if you’re looking to curb your sweet tooth, cutting back on the carbs is the key. The same goes for snacks. Keep your snacks to a minimum and opt for protein-rich snacks such as nuts, seeds, or beans. You’ll start to see results faster than you think!
- Do some research about the best workout gear for losing weight. While you don’t need to go overboard and buy expensive equipment, having the right gear can make a massive difference. If you’re looking for a basic and yet highly effective solution, check out this page for some ideas.
- Start an exercise routine. Even if it’s just for 10 minutes a day, it’s still steps toward getting in shape. Try walking, running, or doing some workouts at home. Remember, the more you workout, the more you’ll see results. So, don’t be afraid to put in the time and effort. You’ll thank yourself later.
- Try to eat healthier. This one might seem obvious, yet people still struggle with it. Cut out all the processed foods and eat only foods that are natural and unrefined. These foods will have less calories and be more filling. If you keep this up, you’ll start to notice weight loss in no time at all!
- Monitor your weight. It’s important to keep track of the weight you lose and the weight you gain. By doing this, you can determine whether or not you’re actually losing weight. If you’re gaining weight while on the diet, it could be a sign that you’re not doing it right. In this case, it’s best to start over again. There is no shame in losing a few pounds once you’re at your goal weight. However, gaining weight after you’ve lost it is never a good idea.
- Don’t expect perfection. Everyone’s body is different, and no one is perfect. You have to accept this fact and stop putting unreasonable expectations on yourself. Everyone has something different going on, and no one should be punished for this. Just because you have a certain diet doesn’t mean that you have to deprive yourself of the foods you love. It’s all about finding what works best for you. If you want to lose weight, it’s best to find a way that you can eat what you want and still shed the pounds. For some people diabetes is the culprit, for others it’s high cholesterol. It’s all about finding out what the root of the problem is and fixing it. Don’t be afraid to experiment and try new things, as long as you’re not hurtling toward any kind of dangerous weight loss journey, everything is good.
- Stay positive. It’s easy to get discouraged by the numbers on the scale. You’ll start seeing lots of tiny losses, followed by larger losses, followed by a small win. Instead of focusing on the negative, find something to be happy about. Perhaps you’ve lost a couple of pounds after a vacation or a long journey. Perhaps you just hit a personal best on the walk to work. Whatever the case may be, find something to be happy about. The more you put out there the more you’ll get back. This is especially important if you’re feeling discouraged or angry about not losing weight as fast as you think you should.
- Reward yourself. Everyone likes to get rewards for doing something good, right? So why not do the same for taking steps toward a healthier lifestyle? Rewarding yourself for making the right choice can help you keep putting that good choice into action. For example, if you decide to go on a diet, buy a small treat for yourself (that’s not too sweet). Or, if you opt to workout, let yourself eat what you want during the day, then use that as a reason to go for a walk after work. Small rewards help build a better connection between your conscious decisions and your body. It’s all about creating the right incentive for good behavior.
Step Three: Follow The Plan
Once you’ve taken the time to create a plan, it’s imperative to follow it. You made the effort to put things in writing, so now it’s time to see those benefits. If you want to lose weight, it’s best to follow a structured plan and make sure you do everything it says. There are some things that you may have missed, that’s why it’s important to review the plan regularly. And don’t be afraid to ask questions if you’re not sure about something. In fact, it’s better to be a little bit uncertain about something than to put yourself at risk of hurting yourself. It’s always recommended to consult with a dietician or health professional before starting any new weight loss regimen. That’s because lots of people have different medical conditions and previous injuries that the plan might not be suited for. In some instances, it’s better to adjust the plan than to risk causing yourself harm. With that being said, everyone’s body is different and what might work for one person, might not work for another.
Step Four: Enjoy Yourself
Another important step in your journey to a lean, mean bodiness is to enjoy yourself. Even when you’re losing weight, it’s important to keep your sense of humor and have fun. You’re on a journey, and it’s not an easy one, but that’s what makes it exciting. You’re taking charge of your health and your life, and that’s what makes it worthwhile. Don’t be afraid to laugh and make jokes about your weight, as long as you’re not taking it seriously. Having fun on your journey will help you stay motivated and inspired to keep going.
Step Five: Review The Plan
Finally, it’s important to review the plan. This comes in the form of a quick recap at the end of each week. It will help you stay focused and determined to follow through. Plus, you’ll have a record of your efforts and you’ll be able to see how much you’ve accomplished. If you’re feeling particularly proud of yourself, you can reward yourself at the end of every week by giving yourself a little pat on the back and taking a nice long break.
As you can see, there is no short cut to becoming the ripped person you want to be. It takes hard work and determination, but it’s all worth it in the end. Follow the above steps, and you’ll be well on your way to a better, more beautiful you.