If you’re new to weight loss or fitness, it can be a bit overwhelming to know what workouts and diet plans to follow. Luckily, we’ve found an easy solution: the perfect blend of motivation and convenience! We’re talking about the 21 Day Fix.
What is the 21 Day Fix? It’s an easy and affordable diet plan that takes the stress out of figuring out what to eat. All you need to know are 21 essential foods that fit into a healthy, everyday lifestyle. Sounds good, right? Let’s find out more.
If you’re wondering what exactly is included in the 21 Day Fix diet, here’s a quick rundown of what you’ll be eating. Each day you will have a fresh new food group, with no repeats from previous days. This allows you to create a well-rounded, healthy diet that suits your needs.
The plan provides you with all the nutrition you need to function at a healthy weight, but it still allows you to indulge a bit in the foods you love. What’s not to love? Indulge now and you’ll appreciate the stress-free dieting experience later.
With the 21 Day Fix, there’s no counting calories, no measuring portions, and no worrying about what foods are high in fat or calories. You just follow the simple instructions and within 21 days, you’ll be enjoying a brand new you.
As we mentioned, the plan provides you with all the nutrition you need to maintain a healthy body. Here’s a complete list of each food group and its respective servings per day. Be sure to check it out.
One of the nutrients recommended inside the 21 Day Fix is healthy fats. Fats are a form of energy that your body needs but doesn’t produce itself. Your body needs fats to help create cell membranes, which allows certain substances in your body to be absorbed by your cells. Your body also uses certain fats to create hormones and neurotransmitters, which are chemicals that help regulate your mood and cognitive function. Some examples of healthy fats are:
- Olive oil
- Peanut butter
- Chia Seeds
Vegetables And Fruit
According to the plan, you’re encouraged to eat your veggies and fruit. These are both healthy food groups that provide your body with nutrients that are essential for growth and maintenance. When you eat vegetables and fruit, your body doesn’t register them as food, because it knows they’re good for it. Some of the vegetables that you’ll be eating are:
- Brussels sprouts
- Acorn Squash
- Winter Squash
Along with the vegetables and fruit, you’ll be eating a lot of nuts and seeds. Nuts and seeds are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. Here’s a list of some of the nuts and seeds you’ll be eating:
- Brazil Nuts
- Chia Seeds
- Macadamia Nuts
- Hemp Seeds
- Sesame Seeds
There are two main categories of food that you’ll be avoiding inside the 21 Day Fix: saturated fats and trans fats. Saturated fats are a form of fat that comes from animals or plant products that have been raised or processed using animal products. Trans fats are fats that have been manufactured or processed into a derivative. These are two completely different things and you should never mix the two. Here’s a list of the meats that you’ll be avoiding within the 21 Day Fix:
- Dairy (Milk, Cream, and Cheese): You’ll be avoiding dairy because it’s high in calories and doesn’t provide your body with nutrients that are essential for growth and maintenance. This is why you need to keep your diet as clean as possible, because foods with added sugar and manufactured foods with added chemicals aren’t good for your body either. One of the best things that you’ll be taking inside the 21 Days Fix is vitamin D, which you get from sunlight. The more you expose your body to, the better!
- Red Meat (Beef, Veal, Lamb): Red meats contain high amounts of saturated fats and you need to keep away from these, as they’ll clog your arteries.
- Fried Foods: These are foods that are fried in oil, which is high in saturated fats. You’ll be avoiding fried foods, as they aren’t good for your body either. If you do eat them, make sure that you wash them down with plenty of water, to ease any digestive distress.
- Processed Foods: Processed foods are foods that have been manufactured using a lot of chemicals and energy. You’ll be avoiding these types of foods inside the 21 Day Fix, as they aren’t healthy and can even be toxic. Many processed foods are high in sodium and you could end up with a high blood pressure, if you consume them regularly.
- Cold Snacks (Chilled Foods): You’ll be avoiding snacks, as they’re not part of the diet plan and aren’t good for your body. These foods are often loaded with salt and can disturb your digestion, which leads to poor nutrient absorption.
- Grains (Bread, Pasta, and Rice): Grains contain a type of carbohydrate that your body needs, but doesn’t use efficiently. Your body stores carbohydrates in case there’s a shortage of energy, so you can think of this as your body’s energy reserve. However, too much of this type of food can cause weight gain and, in some instances, digestive issues. This is why you need to avoid these foods and stick to the plan, to ensure that your body gets all the nutrients that it needs in sufficient amounts.
- Soda (Soft Drinks, Cherry Cola, etc.): You’ll be avoiding soda, because it’s high in calories and doesn’t provide your body with nutrients that are essential for growth and maintenance. Soda causes obesity in animals and it can cause diarrhea in humans, if overconsumed. Since soft drinks are already loaded with sugar, it’s easy to see why you shouldn’t consume them.
- Beer (Lager, Stout, and Other Alcoholic Beverages): This is another food group that you need to avoid, as it contains high amounts of alcohol and can cause serious damage to your health. Many types of alcohol can cause liver disease and damaged teeth. Furthermore, consuming alcohol while on a diet plan can cause weight gain and digestive problems.
- Tomato Based Products (Ketchup, Brines, and Relishes): These are foods that are based on tomatoes and contain a lot of potassium. You’ll be avoiding them, because they’re high in calories and have limited nutritional value. Tomatoes are rich in nutrients and provide your body with lots of antioxidants, but these foods aren’t worth it if you’re looking for quick weight loss.
- Snack Foods (Potato Chips, Fruit Chips, and Other Sweets): These are foods that are high in calories and are usually loaded with sugar. You’ll be avoiding snacks, because they aren’t part of the diet and aren’t necessary. Your body needs some energy during the day, so having snacks will not be detrimental to your health, but you should still avoid them, if you’re trying to lose weight.
Vitamins And Minerals
A part of the 21 Days Fix is a focus on vitamins and minerals. These are substances that your body needs, but cannot produce itself. Your body needs vitamins and minerals to help it maintain a healthy functioning. Here’s a list of the vitamins and minerals that you’ll be focusing on inside the diet plan: